Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weekly Meal Planner

On Pinterest, I've been seeing a lot of home organizing tools, and I keep running across weekly meal planners.  You would think that I would have already been doing this, seeing as how I'm a list freak and planner extraordinaire, but I just never thought it was right for us.  With J's crazy work schedule, we really don't have predictable days.  Now that I'm a Real Housewife, I have been taking cooking head on.  With the help of Pinterest, I have found some fabulous new recipes, some easy some more involved.  But nonetheless, I am loving trying them.  I have decided that a weekly meal planner will help ensure that I have every day accounted for and all the right ingredients.  I saw some really cute planners online, but I decided to make my own.  It's super simple and black and white.  A lot of the ones online were in color, and as cute as they are, to me, that's wasteful.  Here is a sample of how I'm using ours for next week.

I always have a night out....can't always slave away in the kitchen! :)  And this Saturday just so happens to be OU/Texas weekend!  We are going to celebrate our victory! :)

On the left, I list the meals that we'll be having.  I also take a peak at our calendar to see if there are any events or meetings that night; hence the "left over" nights when it's usually just one of us.

On the right is my grocery list.  This way, I can shop in one trip for the whole week.  This does not necessarily include the "usuals" such as produce, snacks, and lunch items (hopefully there will always be enough left overs for the hubby to take to work & I usually have a shake).  These are mainly the ingredients for my big meals. 

Here is the blank template if you'd like to download it!
Weekly Meal Plan

I left some room on the left if you wanted to bind it.  I'll probably print out a year's worth (52 pages) and have them bound at Kinko's or Staples for super cheap.

XO,
B

2 comments:

  1. good idea - i wish i was structured enough to do this - i do do it in my head though.

    i think pinterest is making me a better cook too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas it gives me. And most of the recipes come from mommies, so they're always super easy, little ingredients, and yummy!

    ReplyDelete