Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Wish List

I honestly can't believe that next week is Thanksgiving and that means Christmas is right around the corner.  I always keep a running list of my "wishes" on my iPhone and mark them off as I get them, whether I splurge on myself or get them as a gift.  I just want to put it out there I would rather give a gift than receive a gift any day of the week.  I absolutely LOVE giving gifts, and it's definitely even more fun when they're a surprise!  I so can't wait to give the gifts I've gotten for everyone.  I'm about 80% finished Christmas shopping, and I love going to just look at them in my secret hiding place.  Once I figure out what ribbon and gift tags I'll use with my cute leopard print paper (that I got in Canton for a steal...3 60 foot rolls for $17!!!), I'll get to wrapping!  This year, I feel that my list is more of "needs" than "wants", but I did manage to throw a few "wants" in there, too. :) Here are the items I've got my eye on for my birthday (December 13) and Christmas...

(x2)





- We also want/need a new vacuum.  We have carpet, wood floors, and tile, so we need something that will be conducive to all types.  ***Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-I am also wanting to remove the carpet in the living room and sun room and continue the hardwoods into there.  When we built our home, I really wanted carpet because of all the play time with babies/kiddos on the floor, and I really like to watch tv on the floor.  When it comes to couch vs. floor, I choose floor 9 times out of 10! :)  So, carpet always seemed like the perfect choice.  However, it already looks "grody."  Between puppy marking, dark spots that I can't get up from shoes, and wear patterns, it's not very attractive.  When/If we ever get wood in the living room and sunroom, I would do a large shag carpet cut piece in the living room and some sort of patterned rug in the sun room.  However, this will definitely not happen any time soon, so it will stay on my iPhone wish list for a while.  No marking off of this one. :)

-And who can ever say no to clothes.  Clothes are hard though, because I have a few things in mind but never know how they're going to fit or if I'll like them in person (online shopper extraordinaire!!!).  So, $$$ for clothes is always nice!!!

I love how when you get older, your "wish lists" become necessities and things that everyone will benefit from.  I always felt bad for my mom when she got a toaster oven or new blender, but now I totally get it.  I just realize now, I'll take anything that makes life easier or will make me happier being at home.  Such is the life of A Real Housewife.  

Let me know what you're thinking for Christmas.  I might have to add to my list! :)

2 comments:

  1. my mil has asked us to keep a christmas wishlist board on pinterest - its such a great idea:)
    i got the same leopard wrapping paper in canton!!! i also got camouflage for my boys. i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great idea, les! perfect for kids, too. don't you LOVE the wrapping paper? maybe we can meet up at canton one of these days!!!

    ReplyDelete