Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

This was the first year, in almost 4 years of marriage, that we have decorated for Christmas.  Our first year together, we were in an apartment, and there was no need to decorate.  I knew that I would want new stuff for our home, so we didn't want to buy stuff that we didn't love.  The past couple of years, we have traveled from about the 20th-28th, so we were never home to enjoy our decorations.  Well, this year, I began my Christmas decor collection.  As most of you know, I am a minimalist, mixing contemporary and traditional styles, so it's a very "Pottery Barn on a budget" look.  We mainly did our stockings and tree this year with a few things here and there.  I can't wait to add to it over the years!!!

.the fun stockings that I re-did.  they had a heinous red bow on them, so i added a brown burlap bow to them instead.

.i LOVE our christmas tree.  i duplicated a tree out of the pottery barn magazine.  up close, you can see all of the different types of ornaments that we chose.  there's probably 8 different textured/sized ones.

.our precious little snowmen.  i can't wait for when we have kids, and these will be our "present watchers".  my parents had an ou "egg" guy that watched our presents when we were little.  i'm sure it was to deter us from peeking. :)

.i got these cute christmas trees at dillard's for 40% off.  couldn't beat that!  
.i always have the white mirrors up, but i added the mini wicker wreaths to them, hung by ribbon.  i'm thinking about keeping them up year round.

.this is how we  displayed all of the wonderful christmas cards we got.  i used a cake stand that i already had and placed the cards on there whenever we got them.  it was a great way to see a lot of the cards and to look through them every once in a while.

.it's not christmas-y, but i got a new entry table and lamp that i adore.  i bought 3 frames, of different sizes, to hang above the table.  update coming soon!

We can't wait to add more decorations in the years to come!  It was fun picking stuff out, and I can't wait until we have little ones to help decorate the tree!  What fun memories are in our future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment