I have officially hit the boredom wall. We have been iced in for going on 3 days now. Work is canceled again tomorrow, which means we will be making it up in June. Boo!
I know that I've been MIA in the blogging world, and I have so much to tell you, but for now, this will have to do. Instead of talking to myself, which I have found myself doing a lot of these past few days, I will tell you all about it! :)
If you don't want to hear complaining...skip to the bottom...
First, our cable is out. All of our neighbors have cable, so I'm a little confused as to why we don't. Oh, well. At least the Internet works. Oh, wait. Speaking of Internet, I broke my computer! Yes. I tripped over the cord one day while I was home sick, and I pulled the plug so hard that something broke. The charger was a little deformed, but I managed to play doctor well enough to get it back into a circular shape. That still didn't do the trick. It won't "sync" up with the computer and make it come on. So, we can either ship it to Apple for $350, say adios to a computer, or buy a new one...for $1500. Geez. It all just hits at once, doesn't it? We have 3 computers in our home now, none of which I'm "allowed to get on", because they're all Justin's work computers. I'm breaking the rules right now. :) So, basically we really need a "family" computer. Next on the complain train...I need a new tooth. Yes, I said it. It's so embarrassing to admit, but I need a tooth. A year ago...yes, a year ago...I started this process of replacing an old filling, which I had no trouble with, with a crown for precautionary measures. Long story short, the tooth was so painful then, due to a crack, that a crown would never work. So, they extracted the tooth, SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!, and now I have no #3 tooth. That's the second from the back tooth, not including where your wisdom tooth would be. I have not been able to chew hard things on that side for a whole year. My left side is super strong now!!! With all of that being said, there's another huge chunk of change comin' out of the baby fund. $2500 to put it in perspective. Next on the list...a new camera. Yes, I know this is a frivolous one, but I am looking into a Canon Rebel T1 to be able to take amazing maternity pictures with and pictures of our "down the road" baby. I intend on doing all of the baby pictures instead of paying someone. At least that's the plan for now. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but when you're locked in a house with no TV, you start to get depressed. Hence all the negative thoughts.
Now onto some happy thoughts! Justin and I visited Cottonwood Creek Baptist church two weeks ago, and we really liked it. We are going to attempt to go this weekend. We couldn't attend last weekend because I was trying to recuperate from being so sick. That's a prayer answered. Finding a church for us to grow as a couple and family has been heavy on my heart for the past couple of years, and it all seems to be falling into place. More smiles...In about a week Justin and I will be on a beach for Valentine's Day. How fun is that?! Leaving this ice behind for the sunny beaches with a Bahama Mama in hand doesn't sound too dreadfully awful!! Gramma will be coming to stay with the little monkey while we're gone. Thank the Lord that he doesn't have to be boarded or stay with anyone...he WILL pee in your house! Sad, sad story. But, we're onto happy thoughts...I think I might brave the weather and roads tomorrow in an effort to find a FEW, CHEAP things to change our bedroom decor. I have laid my hand on every room in this house except our bedroom and guest bedroom, not the baby room, the other one. It's so weird how my style has changed so much in the past 2 years. What I thought I wanted is totally not what I want now, at all. I really want to get our bedroom done and then worry about the guest room later. I will be second baby's room in about 7 years any way, right? No need to worry about it now. :/ Maybe some of our old master bedroom stuff can go in there?! Well, the hubby is calling me for bed, and I have to play my cards right if I don't want him pitchin' a fit when he comes home to a newly decorated bedroom. Updates to come on that soon! Have a GREAT ice day tomorrow, or if you're in OK, a GREAT snow day! BE CAREFUL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment