Monday, April 11, 2011

Bow Chicka Bow Wow

I gotcha all excited didn't I?!  Well, before the fun, comes the preparation.  At least in my OCD/anal case.  As you know, a couple weeks ago, I started getting ready to procreate.  I'm not really sure how to say it, since, well, frankly, it makes me want to yammy just trying to "put it into words" what all goes on!  :)  Anyway...I started coming off my Cymbalta.  Now, this is a subject that Justin and I couldn't agree on whether or not to indulge so openly about, but after just letting the world know that I was on it, and coming off of it for baby makin', I received about 5 messages regarding the subject.  From, "I had no idea you were on it - me, too."  To, "Oh my gosh, you're on it?  My doctor said I should get on something, but I'm scared."  I also had people ask about the side effects of getting on it, because they're procrastinating taking it due to the "unknown."  Well, after addressing all of the messages, I realized that by letting people know that I was on it, there "shouldn't be any stigma" with taking it, if it's what you need - its what you need, etc., I came to the conclusion that I was doing exactly what I love doing...helping others.  I had always hoped that through my blog, whether it be fun arts and crafts, fun party ideas, that loving your dog like a child (you birthed) is okay, or whatever ramblings that I may have, that I helped someone.  So here's to being a "semi"-open book and helping others!

Now, back to the story....coming off of Cymbalta.  My, oh, my, did I feel like a patient on Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab.  I figured that I would get a semi "claustrophobic" headache like I did while getting on the medicine, but that in no way paled in comparison to what I went through.  I started completely off the medicine, after slowly decreasing, 2 Wednesdays ago.  That Wednesday was pretty bad, but I pushed through.  I woke up Thursday feeling so super nauseous, dizzy, and sickly, but I knew it was the medicine and figured that it was a mind over matter type thing.  Well at about 9:00 at work, matter won!  I tried all day to get a sub, to no avail.  I was Miserable.  With a capital M.  I luckily got a substitute for Friday, and I literally slept all day.  Saturday, I literally slept all day.  Sunday, I literally slept all day.  However, with Sunday, came body aches.  Body aches so badly that if Winston even laid on me, I would hurt.  I decided once again, mind over matter.  I could conquer the world of 7 year olds, sing Deep in the Heart of Texas, make cowboys/cowgirls that looked us, and measure stuffed animals using paper clips.  I could do it.  Yeah, by taking 2 Dramamine every 4 hours.  My mother is a smart one!!!  And a life saver.  I took Dramamine like it was the new black, and I felt soooo much better.  Still a little vertigo every now and then but nothing like I had been experiencing.  Well, it's been almost 2 weeks of 0 mg of medicine, and I'm feeling so much better.  Still a few mild withdrawal symptoms, like a "vertigo-ish" headache every now and then, hot flashes!, and nausea, but other than those mild symptoms...I'm on the way to recovery!  Thanks, Dr. Drew! :)
With all that being said, I REALLY hope that I do not scare any of you away from taking anti-anxiety/depression (whatever it's for...they use it for everything!!!) medicine, because it truly works wonders when prescribed accurately.  If your doctor suggests it, take it!  A so-so life is not worth it!  Make it the best you can!!!  It's okay if you need help!
Now, that I'm feeling human again, the "fun-ness" of baby makin' is now, once again, my number 1 in life!  I couldn't be happier!

Here's to helping others and having fun along the way!
b

No comments:

Post a Comment