Monday, August 27, 2012

OWW: 1 Month

Owen, 

I cannot even begin to describe just how much I love you.  Sometimes when I'm feeding you, I look at you and just begin to cry.  You seriously make my heart melt.  I'm so in love with you that I don't even think about how tired I am, or how badly I need a shower, or how it will be 6:00 at night before I've had anything to eat.  You make my life meaningful, and I can't wait to watch you grow and see your personality come to light.  I could kiss your sweet, mooshy cheeks all day long...which I do sometimes.  I love you tons, baby boy!!!

We just had your one month check-up, and you're 7 lbs. 6 oz. (10%) and 20.5" long (50-60%).  We were so excited to see that you gained so much weight since we had had a rough time with feeding in the beginning.  You are on a 3 hour schedule.  Change diaper.  Eat.  Sleep.  Repeat.  You absolutely love to cuddle and really hate when we have to put you down.  You'd rather snuggle and fall asleep in the crook of my arm than swing in your swing, lay in our pack n' play, or lay in your newborn lounger.  You are eating 4 oz. of formula every 3 hours.  I'm trying to teach you to sleep longer at night, but you still like your 3 hour feedings.  I also think it's because you don't like to sleep by yourself, so you'd rather wake up and eat and cuddle.  I don't mind.  :)  You now love bath time.  However, you hate when I put lotion on you.  Probably because it's cold, but I try and warm it up a bit first.  :)  You have peed on Mommy and Daddy a few times.  I'm getting pretty good at noticing the signs of a sneak attack and try and cover you up quickly.  I love putting you in jammies at all times of the day.  I want to keep you in your "newborn" phase for as long as I can, so if I can hold off on the "real clothes" for a while, I am.  I also like knowing that your feetsies are covered and your little legs and arms won't get cold.  I also love the outfits that have the fold over sleeves.  We have yet to have a scratch on your perty little face, and I want to keep it that way.  You don't really like your car seat.  Which I thought all babies loved their car seats, so this threw me for a loop.  I am a little worried about those 3 hour car rides to Norman we have coming up.  I have yet to drive with you by myself.  Daddy always comes home to chauffeur us around if we need to go anywhere.  It's nice.  :)  We haven't taken you out socially yet.  The doctor advised us to wait until after 2 months, so we just play at home for now.  We have started tummy time.  You don't really like it, but the doctor says we need to be doing it 4 times a day.  You have had a really strong neck since the day you were born.  You love lifting your head and turning it the other direction whenever you're laying on my shoulder.  You like your paci 1/2 the time.  It's great for when you're fussy, but if you're not, you don't want anything to do with it.  We usually go through about 4 outfits a day.  I promise we change your diaper all the time, but you love to fill them up and then leak out of them.  You're still in newborn size diapers and probably will be for a bit since you're long and skinny.  Hopefully you got your Uncle Brady's & Uncle Jeffrey's body structure instead of your pudgy parents'.  :)  You don't mind being swaddled as long as your arms are kept out.  You love to move around in your sleep, and you make the craziest noises.  I had to ask the doctor about your noises, because they were so crazy loud and weird.  It sounded like there was a heard of elephants in our room.  He said you're normal.  I was glad.  :)  

To say that you bring joy to our lives would be an understatement.  I honestly can't remember a day that you weren't a part of.  It seems like you've been here forever.  I love you to pieces my little love bug.  

Love, 
Mommy 

{Here are a few of your newborn pictures that we got back from Becky with Becky Z Photography.}























{Owen's 1 Month pictures}


2 comments:

  1. He is already so big! Keep growing strong Owen so you can grow up to be big and handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photographs are just amazing! Love them.
    Your family looks so beautiful.
    :)

    ReplyDelete