Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Updated Hospital List

I have had a lot of preggo friends ask for a list of things that I ended up using, not using, or wishing I had had in the hospital, so I thought I'd update my list and share it with y'all.  

I ended up not needing a lot of my things, because I didn't shower while at the hospital.  *GASP*  Yes, I didn't shower at the hospital. The thought never even crossed my mind and none of the nurses brought it up to me, so by the time we were about to discharge and I asked about a shower, Justin & I decided that I would rather just get home and shower in the comfort of my own shower.  With only 4 hours of labor and 15 minutes of pushing, I wasn't exactly "gross" from labor & delivery...and to be honest, my hoo-ha hurt so dang badly, that standing and walking for longer than 5 seconds felt like death.  So, I was really okay with not having to endure that pain.  We also didn't have any friends visit at the hospital, so I didn't need to be "cute" for anyone.  :)  Sorry, family!

I really thought I was being a minimalist this go round, but I plan on even being more of one next time. Let me just say it in a nutshell...YOU WON'T USE ANYTHING YOU TAKE TO THE HOSPITAL. :)  That's being a little dramatic.  But seriously.  You really don't need a thing.  With that being said....here she is.


Good luck, Mommies!  You're going to do great! :)


2 comments:

  1. Wait, I'm confused. Are the blue asterisk's good or bad? And what do the black and pink fonts mean?

    You're so organized and we love it! Will definitely use this, one day! One day eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a key at the bottom...
    black-things we used
    pink-things we didn't end up using
    *-things we will take again
    green-new items added

    hopefully you'll become part of the mommy club soon! :)

    ReplyDelete