Dear Owen,
I'm a little late in writing this, but we have been very sleepy lately! ;) You got off your schedule this past week, I think due in part to traveling to Oklahoma two weekends in a row. However, you are finally back on track and doing great!
You have developed the sweetest little personality, and I just adore you. I get really sad when you have to go nap, because we have the most fun together! You are loving your toys, but if you can't figure out how to get them in your mouth, you get fussy. And everything goes straight to the mouth! You love to snuggle with me now. You will let me hold you, chest to chest, and you wrap your arms around me and lay your head on my shoulder. It's seriously one of the most wonderful feelings in the world. It's that feeling that let's me know that I'm doing an okay job as your mommy. You're finally able to show me that you love me and that you are happy. I just love it! Like I said, you're back on track with your schedule. It's definitely no schedule out of any book or that the doctors tell you is typical for your age, but it's your schedule, and I'm good with that. You wake up around 6:30-7:00 & eat, play for an hour, nap for an hour, wake & eat, play for an hour, nap for an hour, wake & eat, play for an hour, nap for 2.5-3 hours, wake & eat, play for about 2 hours, cat nap around 4, wake & eat, play, bath around 6:00, eat & bed. It makes it VERY hard to leave the house, but I don't mind. Your daddy is really good about getting home early if Mommy needs to go run errands, so it usually works out. You're kind of like your daddy...if you don't get sleep, you are one fussy little dude. You also wake up twice to eat at night - once around 1:00 and then again around 4:00. Mommy is tired, and I still try and nap when you nap. However, I secretly LOVE waking up late at night to feed you, because you are so sweet, sleepy, & cuddly. You actually fall asleep really well. Putting you down has never been an issue, it's the staying asleep part that we are working on. :) I still swaddle you at night, but I think we will need to stop soon since you are close to rolling over. However, your blanket that I roll up on either side of you kind of acts as bumpers, so I don't think you'll roll over in bed any time soon. When I haven't swaddled you, you hit yourself repeatedly in the face, which makes it a bit hard to sleep! You are eating around 4-5 oz. every feeding. This make me happy!!! We've been trying to increase your oz. for a while now, and it's finally happening. You eat about every 2-3 hours, depending on how much you ate at your last feeding. Your acid reflux medicine seems to really be helping, too. No more screaming fits that clearly were from you being in pain. That breaks a momma's heart! You still absolutely love your elephant lovey and smile from ear to ear when I give it to you. We play "ride-a-horsey", and you think that that is the most fun game around. You squeal with delight! You are getting so close to rolling over!! You went from tummy to back today for the first time, but I'm not sure how planned that was! :) You looked a little shocked after it happened. You are getting better and better at tummy time. I can't wait until you can play with your toys while laying on your belly.
To say that you're our most favorite thing EVER in the whole entire world would be an understatement. We love you so much and will do anything we can to make sure that you are the happiest & healthiest kid you can be. We will love you no matter what and support and guide you through life the best that we know how. All we hope & pray for is that you are safe and healthy and achieve any dreams you may ever have! We are your number one fans, Owen! We love you so much it hurts!
XOXO,
Mommy


what a cutie! i am a bit partial to sweet little boys:)
ReplyDelete