I had so much fun putting together Owen's nursery! My main goal was for it not to be too "boy" but rather a sweet, tranquil, & peaceful nursery to rock my baby to sleep in and to play in when he gets a little bigger . I didn't want a sports theme, automobile theme, or an obvious animal theme. Babies are only babies for so long, and I wanted to it to feel very baby. I found a lot of inspiration at stores or on the internet and mixed and matched pieces...hoping for it all to come together! Since we couldn't find out if it was a boy or girl until 20 weeks, we didn't buy a single piece of furniture or decor until I was 23 weeks pregnant. I took a couple weeks to hone in on exactly what I wanted and went with it. If it was a girl, I would have done white furniture & tons of pink {duh!!}, so we couldn't do anything for a while. Once I was able to start shopping, it was so overwhelming but very exciting! It will be a great room for a few years while Owen is still young & I can have say over what his room looks like. Who are we kidding...I will always have say over what his room looks like! :)
![]() |
| This is the darling wreath that Andrea made for my Dallas shower. It is perfect on O's door! |
![]() |
| Looking into his room from the door. |
![]() |
| Directly to the left of the door. Dresser: PotteryBarn Kids Lamp: Kirkland's Mirror: Kirkland's |
![]() |
| Chair: Best Chair from LoneStar Baby & Kids Nightstand: Pottery Barn Kids |
| Shelves: I made these from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child inspiration The snow globe & story books were mine as a little girl! |
![]() |
| That little porcelain shoe is from our OBGYN group. Such a sweet gift! |
![]() |
| Drape: Pottery Barn Basket: Target |
![]() |
| Checked pillow: Ballard Designs |
![]() |
| Bedding: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Artwork: I made this from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child inspiration Crib: JCPenney |
I think I accomplished exactly what I wanted to in a nursery, because I absolutely love walking into his room every day. It is so serene and rocking my sweet love in here is absolutely magical. I love being a mom more than anything in the world and to have a beautiful room where my angel can rest & play is a true blessing. I can't wait to make many memories in here!










you did great Bailey! It's perfect!
ReplyDeletewow how nice pictures I like it very much.
ReplyDelete