Now that I'm home and able to enjoy life at the slow pace I am now accustomed to, I find little things to improve upon around the house...all the time. It also doesn't help that I'm super OCD and will find the slightest imperfection to fix. That's why our fridge is always organized, the pantry shelves are lined perfectly with boxes, cans, and bags, and the towels are always folded meticulously on the bathroom rods. It's a little tiresome, even to myself since I can't ever just enjoy my home, and boy does it wear on The Mr.! I have now focused on my next project (that will never get done because it requires spending money, and we all know that every penny is going to the baby fund, so I will just dream and scheme)....the back patio. Someday, I would love to build an outdoor living space with a pool, fire pit, fireplace, hot tub, etc, but for now, I just want a space that's big enough to accommodate all of our friends when they come over and to give us space to enjoy the back yard when we have kids. Right now, it's a simple square of concrete that holds a round iron table, 4 chairs, a grill, two bar stool height chairs, and some potted plants. It's nothing grand, and I want more of an outdoor living space rather than a slab of concrete and some uncomfortable seating. I found a page on the DIY network's website, and I seriously think we could do it ourselves...cutting down on labor costs and having something to show for our hard work. I love projects and being able to say, "I did that!" Who knows if we will ever do it, but I can always dream!
Here is the website...simple, right?!
http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-lay-a-flagstone-patio/index.html
Some inspiration...
[minus that grill :)]
For now, we would just be adding onto the concrete patio that's already there, and it wouldn't be a huge space - just enough for us to spread out on and enjoy our company!
And what good patio doesn't have the perfect seating?! I found some great, and quite inexpensive, patio sets...
Well, dream with me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment