Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3rd Trimester

Baby Owen, 

I can't even comprehend how the time has flown by and how soon you will be here.  We are 28w 2d and have reached the 3rd trimester.  I NEVER thought this day would come.  It's such a weird thing, because on the one hand, I am still relishing in the thought of being just husband and wife and doing whatever we want. :)  However, I am thrilled to hold you in my arms and start our life as a family of 3.  Or 4...yes, Winston is your big brother.  He told me he was ready to teach you how to pee on things.  :)  Daddy and I have a bet going of who gets peed on first.  But, I guess that's why God gives us 9 months to prepare for a major life change.  

Your nursery is coming along slowly but surely.  We have the crib, dresser, nightstand, and a few decorations.  I am going to work on the decorations this week.  I have 4 prints to get done for the frames I bought last week, and I need to make the Restoration Hardware {replica} shelves.  I still haven't found a mirror that I love to go above your dresser/changing table.  I have these visions of us spending many moments in front of the mirror making faces at each other and you exploring yourself.  I sure I hope I can find one soon!  The glider and bedding still have yet to arrive, but I knew it wouldn't be until June.  Patience.  Patience.  The diaper bag still hasn't arrived yet.  Once again, June.  What is it with June?  

I went to the doctor today for my 28 week check up.  Dr. Robert said that everything looked great.  I was very thankful to hear this, as I have not been feeling well the past week.  I have had very mild nausea, more like vertigo, a mild headache, and heat flashes.  She said that all of that was normal, however those feelings can be caused by a change in blood pressure or blood sugar so to be sure and keep an eye on the activities that make me feel that way.  Lowering my shower temperature, taking it slow on getting ready and doing things around the house, and to eat immediately when I feel hungry.  You are measuring right on schedule and are still an "average" sized baby.  Yay!!!  She said that my cervix is still closed.  Praise the Lord.  No early pregnancy...yet!  She said that you are still head down.  Which I totally knew.  I pee every 20 minutes as your little pumpkin head slams into my bladder.  Sometimes if I stand up quickly, and you haven't had time to shift, I can feel this super hard bulge in my belly.  It is very, very weird...but cool!  I told Daddy that I am going to be the best pusher they've ever seen and that I could sneeze this baby out.  No kidding.  You've been head down since our first sonogram.  You are totally ready to help mommy out!  We are now scheduled to go to the doctor every 2 weeks.  I think that's fun! :)  I love hearing that you're doing great!!!  

June is filled with all of our baby classes.  We seriously have something every week and weekend, but I'm really ready to learn what I can and to see Daddy in action.  I seriously think he's going to be awesome.  I also think that some things might be a challenge/funny with him.  He's such a text book kind of guy...and well, sometimes babies aren't textbook.  Ha!  I can't wait to see him work his daddy magic!  

We love you tons and are getting so close to meeting you!  Love you, baby Owie!

<3, Momma




{this is the awesome little goody basket that one of justin's clients and friends got us.  unbelievably surprised by their generosity!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment