Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And our little man shall be called...

Justin and I have been throwing around baby names for years now.  However, he wouldn't seriously consider names until we knew the gender of our little bean.  He thought that that would automatically rule out 50% of the names we'd have to come up with...who wants to discuss girls names when we're having a boy and vise versa!?  Uh, me.  Duh!  What girl doesn't love talking baby names.  So with the Mr.'s lack of desire to talk baby names until 20 weeks, I just had to patiently, and all by my lonesome, brainstorm names and keep track of them in my iPhone.  :)  Finally 20 weeks!!!  We threw around a bunch of boy names.  We were big on having them mean something (and a few cute ones thrown in there):  

Mason - After George Mason, a man on my dad's side, who was a Virginia delegate to the U.S. Constitutional Convention and was, along with James Madison, the Father of the Bill of Rights.  Pretty cool, hu?

Jett - My great grandfather on my mom's side.

Brody - My brother's name is Brady, which I love, and Brody is super close!

Wyatt - Just a super smarty pants sounding name. :)

I'm sure there were a few others thrown in there, but those were the top runners.  However, there was one name that kept coming back to us.  Back when we were dating, we were at an OU football game and were on the discussion of baby names.  Something I'm sure any boyfriend is thinking, "Wow, I should run now!!!"  :)  But he didn't, and I'm glad.  I had said, "Wouldn't it be cool if we could fit OU football in a boy's name some day?"  Justin, of course, had no disagreement to that.  We looked all around the stadium to try and find something cool.  Gaylord?  Um.  No.  Sooner?  Freakin' sweet, but no.  Owen?  And we both were pretty much sold.  That's the name that has been popping off or tongues any time we talk about baby names.  We have tested it at restaurants...yes, we tell them our table is for Owen.  We practiced announcing it for t-ball games.  Owen Watson, up to bat.  We practiced it for college graduation.  Owen _____ Watson.  5th generation OU graduate.  We LOVED it for everything!  Then came the middle name.  We tried it combined with all of our favorite names.  Owen Mason.  Nah.  Owen Jett.  Loved but didn't like the nickname OJ (No offense O.J. Williams :) just don't want a nickname).  Owen Brody.  Nope.  Owen Wyatt.  LOVE!!!!  So, we are super excited to to announce that our little man shall be called...

Owen Wyatt Watson

{daddy ordered this book for little owen this past weekend.  the teacher in me couldn't be more excited!}

2 comments:

  1. Love the name Bailey! Super sweet:) We were very very close to naming our son Wyatt!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I love it! That's my new grandson's name, except he is Owen Michael. So happy for you both and for my cousin, Angela, who will soon join me in the grandmother realm. :)

    ReplyDelete