Baby O,
We had your 30 week appointment last Friday, and the doctor said you're doing great! There was a little bit of disappointing news, though. :( Dr. Robert, who we've been seeing for most of our appointments, will be out of town around your due date. We will have to see Dr. Sloan or Dr. Shimer. Which is fine, but we have built this amazing rapport with Dr. Robert and love her! The other doctors are great, but it would be nice to see that familiar face during delivery. She said you are right on track and measuring perfectly. Momma did pass her glucose test from the last appointment. :) Yay! I was having severe anxiety about this.
We went to one of our baby classes this weekend. This first one was the Prepared Childbirth Class. Honestly, there was not too much new stuff that I learned {Not that I'm a smarty pants, but I have just done a ton of research and watch TV shows about pregnancies :)} But we did meet some super fun people and exchanged numbers. One couple, Drew & Courtney, live about 3 minutes from us and have the same due date as us. They are having a little girl, so we are working on pre-arranged dates! :) We also asked specific questions regarding our packing lists. I have been working on these for a while: a Mommy bag, a Daddy bag, and a Baby bag. The nurse was super great in helping us narrow down things to bring. We also finalized our birth plan. We did one mainly for our own research purposes and to know our options during labor and delivery. And, honestly, it's just your normal run-of-the-mill birth plan, so we don't even plan on taking it to the hospital. After hearing Baylor Frisco's procedures and practices, it's exactly what we wanted any way. Don't you just love when it's that easy?!
You are super active, and as much as I LOVE feeling you, you always seem to be trying out for the 2012 Olympic gymnastics team when I'm trying to go to sleep. :) But they do say babies are more awake at night, so I guess you're just practicing to join us soon! As far as how I'm feeling, I'm doing really great. The worst was the first 16 weeks when I was super sick, but now I'm feeling great. There are the aches and pains that come with some pregnancies...my hip flexors have hurt since about 7 weeks and that still persists. It makes for awkward sleep positions. I also have acid reflux but is really under control with Tums. I have been through 2 big bottles already. {Note to new moms...invest in toilet paper and Tums stock as soon as you find out you're pregnant. :)} Something else that has been noticeable since early on, about 12 weeks, is the pain in my ribs, right under my {hooters}. My ribs aren't too incredibly sore, it's mainly the skin covering them. It has progressively gotten more uncomfortable. The skin is now completely numb and really hurts. Like when your foot falls asleep and burns and itches and if you touch it, it only makes it worse. :( That's really the only discomfort I'm having right now on a daily basis. It's getting harder and harder to put shoes on. I wore tennis shoes to our classes this weekend, and I had a hoot of a time getting them on. I just have to laugh at stuff like that. I also have a great time shaving my legs. But, this is one thing I'm not willing to give up, so I will make it work. It just makes getting ready take that much longer.
Well, daddy went grocery shopping {which was like full on grocery shopping while I napped, and he did awesome!!!!) and bought steaks and potatoes for dinner, so I'm going to go join him while we watch Miss USA. More like me watch and Daddy will be on the iPad, I'm sure. :) However, he does like to listen to their answers during the interviews...to make jokes out of. Mean daddy! We love you punkin!!! Winston says hi, and he can't wait to lick you head to toe!!!
Love, Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment