Monday, November 8, 2010

I give myself...

The Worst Blogger Award

We have been really busy lately getting our home all put together in order to host a multitude of parties that are coming up.  I hate that I haven't blogged in so long!  I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head, and blogging seems to some how settle my wandering thoughts down...

We hosted Winston's birthday party this past weekend.  It was so much fun!  We didn't end up having as many people as we expected, and it was just as fun!  My parents came in town to celebrate, bringing along their fur baby, Rowdy.  Our good friends the Liebers came and brought their sweet girl, Tipper.  She and Winston had a blast together.  We are keeping her over Thanksgiving break, and I couldn't be happier!  We watched the OU vs. Texas A&M game (No, I don't want to talk about it!) and had tons of great food.  Because of the football game, the theme was red, white, and black!  I am looking into getting a new camera (blog post on that shortly), because our camera is 100 years old and takes aweful pictures, therefore, I was discouraged at the poor quality of the photos I was taking and did not take any more.  Boo!  I am such a horrible mommy.  My house looked like Martha Stewart's home!  No, seriously.  There were cute food and beverage labels, snacks galore, and more.  Here is what I did get....on my Zack-Morris-esqe camera...











The next big gig at our house is Thanksgiving.  We are hosting about 20 relatives under our roof, and we are so excited.  I have created our whole menu and events for the week and am preparing our home to become the Watson Inn.  We have a huge upstairs loft, or man cave, and we will have blow ups all over the place.  For some reason, my mom is super pumped about that part...she's such a kid at heart!  I told Justin that I may have to join them upstairs for the fun slumber party...his response, "okay!"  Thanks, babe!  

We will then be having a family birthday party at our home for my birthday.  Birthdays are such a nice way to get both families together and enjoy one another's company.  What a great excuse!  It's also near the holidays, and I love any excuse to be around family!

I will be updating more on our huge Thanksgiving!  For now, enjoy the wonderful fall weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment