This past weekend was Evan and Beth’s wedding. It was so great! The church was gorgeous…it’s where my
sister and Clay will get married…and the reception was so much fun at the
Sheraton. However, I was so super
excited to see my family that I completely forgot that we were going to a
wedding! Once we were on the road,
it hit me that I left everything at home.
I had my casual clothes and toiletries, but I had no dress, shoes,
lingerie, or jewelry. So, after
celebrating my mom’s and dad’s birthdays on Friday night, my mom and I woke up
early to beat the crowds to bust out some shopping. It was the Red/White game at OU, so we were afraid that
campus shopping would be crazy! It
actually wasn’t too bad at 11:00am.
We didn’t find much of anything at the cute campus shops, so we decided
to head to the mall. What better
place to find a dress than the prom section at Dillard’s?!?! I lucked out and found this precious
black and cream dress.
I also had
to find some shoes to match it and got a great pair of Antonio Melani’s that I
can wear with tons of other things.
I also went to Victoria’s Secret and got one of those sweet “wear 9
different ways” bras. It’s so
awesome. I wore it with one strap, and I never would have known that I wasn’t
wearing a “normal” bra. I highly
suggest investing in one of those!
I luckily had worn my pearl earrings to Norman, so I just ended up
wearing those paired with a cute bundled pearl bracelet of my mom’s. As we left the house and headed to the
wedding, I sent my dad a text (since they weren’t home…they were out
celebrating their birthdays at the Mont!!
How cute are they?!)
Forgetting your dress-$89
Forgetting your shoes-$79
Forgetting a dressy bra-$45
Wearing your mom’s Hanky Pankies-Priceless
After all of the drama of finding an entire outfit, Justin
and I enjoyed an amazing evening spent with our friends. When we got home and let Winston out of
his cage, he crawled right into the bed and cuddled up to go
“night-night!”
What a precious
little baby!



No comments:
Post a Comment