Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Will. Never. Run. Again.

So Justin and I went running tonight.  He started the Couch to 5k program yesterday, and I decided that I wanted to be the loving supporting wife that I am, so I joined him tonight.  The first week of Couch to 5k is running 60 seconds and then walking 90 seconds, for 30 minutes.  I figured that would be a piece of a cake.  Um...I am so freaking out of shape!  Acutally, it's not that I'm out of shape, "lung wise", my body is out of shape.  If that makes any sense.  I truly feel that God intended me to be a walker, not a runner.  Seriously.  I can get on the elliptical and go for 20 minutes, no big deal.  I could walk for an hour, no big deal.  I truly feel that my body was not put together properly to be able to run.  After 15 minutes, my legs would no longer move.  My hip flexers were KILLING me!!!  And they still are.  Three hours later.  So, with all of that complaining done, my husband will continue with Couch to 5k, GO BABY GO, and I will walk Winston 3x week for at least 30 minutes and do my pilates.  I would like to walk longer, but a 7 pound pooch can only handle so much! :)  And mommy can only handle stopping while he pees on EVERY mailbox so much.  We will need to walk in the street so we can "speed walk" and he won't get distracted.  If you're in the neighborhood watch out for a blonde with a PRECIOUS pooch!
"I'm ready to go on a walk, Mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment