Last weekend, we decided to surprise Angela, my mother in law, for her 50th birthday. Her actual birthday was on Thursday, and there was no way that we could do anything during the week. I didn't even end up calling her on her birthday, because I didn't want to accidentally let anything "slip" about us going up there. Lousy daughter in law, I know! :) So, on Saturday morning, we loaded up the car, grandbaby, Winston, a cake that I had made, Jeffrey, Justin, and myself. We made it there in a little over 2 hours. When we got to Papaw's house, he greeted us at the door...ever so quietly. Papaw was in on it, and oh, did he love keeping that a secret! He was our little spy. He told us she was back in her room studying, and so I sent little Winston back to great his Gramma. She was absolutely speechless and had no idea what to think of when she saw our cute little fur ball. She was so shocked! Once she realized, yes, it was us, and yes, we were there to celebrate her birthday, she quickly showered and we headed out to eat at Chili's. It was so wonderful, because the waitress we got actually knew the Watsons and treated us so great. After that, we headed back to the house to open up her present, eat cake, and hang out. It was such a great day, and we are so greatful that we get to celebrate such an incredible woman! Happy Birthday Angela!

No comments:
Post a Comment