Thursday, March 8, 2012


Baby,
It’s been a while since Mommy has written.  That’s because nothing is really  new...except I don’t feel like I’m dying.  Yay!  You are 18w4d along, and Mommy felt like a new person around 16 1/2 weeks.  I haven’t gotten sick the past two weeks, and I actually feel like getting ready and out of the house...if I need to. :)  I still like staying home in my jammies, but if I have something I need to do, it’s not such an ordeal anymore.  
We see the doctor once every 4 weeks, so it makes the weeks go by extremely slow.  We don’t go until March 16, but at that appointment, we finally get to know what you are!!!  We are so excited.  It really will make Momma’s heart slow down a bit with all the anxiety, but it will bring on a whole new set of anxious feelings.  What will we name you, how will we decorate your nursery, what will we register for, etc.  There’s so much to be done, and I can’t even wrap my brain around where to start.  I feel like I want to do all the fun new things for you...like what you see all over Facebook, Pinterest, and blogs.  All the gender reveal parties, perfect nursery, cutest baby shower, fun baskets for guests at the hospital, etc.  But I just have this feeling inside me to not go overboard and crazy with it all.  It looks like so much fun when people make everything so stinkin’ cute and such a big deal, but I feel like if I have expectations of doing it, and don’t, that I will be upset with myself for being so “lazy.”  I’m really trying to keep everything low key.  I mean, come on.  They didn’t do all this hoopla stuff 27  years ago when I was a baby, and I’m perfectly fine!!!  
Winston definitely knows you’re in Mommy’s belly.  It’s so weird.  He is being super clingy lately, which Mommy loves (but knows will be a harsh reality soon).  He is also starting to practice sharing his toys.  No joke!  Mommy and Monkey were getting ready to take a nap on the couch the other day, but first he went and got his favorite bone, jumped up on the couch, layed the bone on Momma’s tummy (right on you), and then proceeded to go lay down at my feet.  He has NEVER done that before.  It was the cutest, sweetest thing ever.  I LOVE him to pieces, so I can only imagine how much I’m going to LOVE you, too! :)  
This next weekend, we are having your gender reveal party!!!  (Yes, one of those things that I contemplated about, but I am making it super small and intimate with our family, neighborhood friends, and close friends.)  I really just wanted an excuse to hang out with friends, eat cupcakes, and make some cute decorations.  We still haven’t decided yet if we will peek at the doctor’s office and keep it a secret to everyone else, or if we’ll look away during the anatomy scan and be completely surprised at the party.  Mommy and Daddy kind of want to experience seeing “all” of you with our own eyes instead of reading it on a piece of paper a day later.  Who knows.  ??
We love you so much little baby!  Can’t wait to see you again in a week and a half!
Love, Momma Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment