Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Random Compilation of a BumpDate.

{pre-written}

Dec. 20, 2011

For my birthday, Dec. 13th, Justin got me a 3 hour spa package.  It included a facial, massage, and pedicure.  I couldn’t have been more excited, impressed, and in need.  Man, my body hurts.  Because we are pregnant, anything and everything we do, we run by our nurse, Carolyn.  She said that I shouldn’t get any of the spa services until late in the 2nd trimester and even then to ask her first.  That’s a bummer.  But that wasn’t even the worst of it.  Justin had also asked my mom and sister to come surprise me and go with me.  My sister would have just finished finals in her first semester of her 3rd year of law school.  A spa visit is just what the doctor ordered...for her.  We still haven’t told my family...waiting for Christmas Eve...so we had to come up with some crazy excuse for us not to go.  Justin decided to call my mom and tell her that the spa called and told him that they accidentally overbooked our reservation and they wouldn’t be able to see us that day.  They believed it...but were pissed.  Uh, yeah.  I would be, too.  Except I knew that it was all my fault as to why we couldn’t go.  I felt so bad for my sister!  :(  Well, they ended up coming any way for the weekend, and we did some Christmas shopping...all while trying to blame my tired, tummy hurting, hungry self on something other than a peanut growing inside my belly.  That was a success.  :)
We went for our first official doctor’s visit yesterday.  We got to see Dr. Sloan again and get a sonogram.  Peanut is doing great!!!  “It’s” measuring two days later than we had guessed originally, so the due date is now 8/7/12.  The heartbeat was fast and strong, and they said this yucky sicky feeling I’m having is a good sign that my hormones are doing great.  Oh, weeee!  That’s so reassuring.  They did give me a prescription for my prenatals and two anti-nausea medicines.  Hope they work so I can be somewhat productive around this mess of place we call home.  :)  We get to go back in a month to see little peanut!  Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment