Dec. 9, 2011
Then comes the baby in the baby carriage!!!!!! Oh. My. Gosh. I seriously thought this day would never happen. We have a little peanut in the making!!! I cannot express how happy my heart feels right now. I honestly have felt like I’ve been walking on a cloud all day long. I can’t wipe this smile from my face!!!
We had made an appointment 4 WEEKS AGO. Yes, 4 weeks. CRAZY! It was with a new OB/GYN since I had only been seeing my general practitioner for “girly things” since we’d moved down here. Since I was not pregnant and it wasn’t an emergency situation, I was given the farthest out appointment possible. At least that’s how it felt. Wow, God is so amazing. His timing is truly incredible.
Within that 4 week wait, something was happening. I was having a really bad cramp in my lower left “ovary region” (not really sure what/where it was). Over a week, it progressively got stronger, lasted longer, and was moving directly backwards...into my back, sometimes sending a pain down my leg. I am a hypochondriac and immediately started to think the worst. Cancer. PCOS. Ectopic Pregnancy. Just to name a few. So, I ended up calling my general practitioner to make an appointment. Of course. She was completely booked for about a week, and at this point, I might as well wait the 2-3 weeks for the new OB/GYN, but I decided to go with the P.A. since I was thinking the worst. I gave the sweet P.A., Beth, my entire life story, and she decided to do a pregnancy test, just the pee kind. I told her blood work wouldn’t be necessary. Big Fat Negative. I told her that’s what it would be. (Mind you back in October I had a positive on the Ovulation Predictor Kit, and we went to it...Nada) The next month, November, negative OPK and Aunt Flo. I told Beth that there was no way. It didn’t add up. Well she was still concerned with the pain I was having, so she sent me to an imaging center to have BOTH kinds of sonograms. Both, highly uncomfortable. For the belly sonogram, they had me drink 32 oz. of water 1 hour before the appointment, and I was told to be there 15 minutes beforehand. So, a 30 minute car ride, 15 minute early arrival, and 32 oz. of H2O 1 hour before that. Full bladder for an hour and 45 minutes = rolling around the chair with foot up my girly parts trying not to cry wiping the sweat from my brow calling my husband threatening to walk out of the office and reschedule this crazy thing they call a sonogram. After said sonogram...and the one with a camera up my hoo ha, the results all came back completely normal with nothing to show for my bravery. Seriously...labor is going to be a cinch. ;) So, without fear that I was going to be infertile for life due to some life threatening illness, I went around my usual business anticipating the meeting with the new doctor.
We went today with every intention to talk about infertility testing and medicine, including crazy things such as Voo Doo to create a little bambino. Kidding. Sort of. We were called back by the sweet nurse (LOVE her...have to get her name next time we go) and she started asking me about my “history.” I told her when we’d baby danced, when Aunt Flo visited, blah blah blah. She also asked if Justin had fathered any children. Uh. Better not have?!? Towards the end I told her I was a week late but that that was probably normal because last month I was a week early. I was sure I was just getting “normal” again. She looked at me like I was crazy. I honestly don’t even think she was going to do a pregnancy test but walked me straight to the bathroom to pee into a cup the size of a shot glass. Seriously? I then proceeded to join Justin in our little room waiting to meet the doctor. The sweet nurse, name to be determined, came in and handed me a little plastic thing. She looked right at me and said that Justin had fathered a baby. WHAT?!?!? Did she enter his DNA into a missing baby daddy data base and he came up? What? I finally looked down at what she had handed me, and it was a POSITIVE pregnancy test. OURS!!! It was pure shock. Pure craziness. Pure excitement. Pure holy crap this is happening, and are we ready for this? No goin’ back now!!! I guess the earlier doctor’s visit/test and sono was just too early to tell, because we were definitely preggers. :) 5 weeks along! The awesome doctor did a quick sonogram to show me, because I just couldn’t believe it.
It was not really how I thought I would find out, nor Justin for that matter. You know me. I had some cool reveal up my sleeve, but it was so much fun to find out together and see the genuine excitement and love our new doctors had for us. It made us feel so great about our decision to make them our new baby doctors.
We can’t wait to see what this new journey brings to our little family!!! We are just beyond thrilled. Justin is already treating me like a complete princess...this could be awesome! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment