Justin's birthday is just around the corner, and I've been trying really hard to come up with something other than the usual. The dress shirts, the tie, the work socks, a book, etc. So, this go round, I am going to try something new. I am going to try and decorate his office while he's out of town. We are on a STRICT baby budget, meaning that if we will not die without something, we are not to buy it, so I am going to do this super economically. :) He would kill me if he knew I was doing it, but once it's done, and he loves it, he won't say anything about it...negatively, that is. I've been eyeing these drapes at Pottery Barn for some time now. I absolutely LOVE drapes. There are 2 reasons that we don't have drapes anywhere in our house right now. 1. our downstairs living room is lined with windows...from one end of the house to the other, all along the back wall. I personally think it would look silly with that many drapes. Drapes over load!!! And it would make it too dark, and we love letting the light shine in. 2. to do as many drapes as we would need, it would be astronomical in price. Once again, baby...baby...baby. So, I thought, why not add drapes in the rooms that have only one window. Duh! Well, I am just now getting around to decorating those rooms. So in Justin's office I was thinking these...
.in chesnut.
I love the simplicity of them, and I'm also not going to throw anything too crazy at Justin, seeing as how I am trying to not have to take anything back! :)
I also wanted to have something on the wall, but I'm not much of an "art" person. I had in mind putting pictures up, but I think it's super silly to have 2 huge, blown up pictures of us on the wall (& Winston...I'm even sad to say it), so I'm not really sure what the pictures would be of. Let's face it...probably Winston...until I have a cute little Mini-Watson to frame!! I was thinking of just getting plain frames from Hobby Lobby...
...and backing it with something like this (if I can find a not "tacky" blue version of this, I will do that)...
.fabric.com.
...and then centering the picture so that there's a border of the fabric. I don't know. Just something I had in mind. Again, I'm not much of an "art" type person, I'm not a fan of metal wall art either, so I thought that this would dress us a plain frame and bring SOME color into the room...heaven for bid! :) I already have a precious lamp from Hobby Lobby that I will probably keep in there, so everything I had kind of has to match...
.trying to make this look less formal and more modern.
Let's hope I get around to doing this while Justin is out of town for a few days before his birthday! Now that I'm laying it out and seeing everything, I'm liking it more and more! Wish me luck! Pictures to come soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment