Well, first off, I want to give a big hello to all my family and close friends who read our blog! You are the reason that we write about our lives and what's going. It's hard living in a place where NO family lives and getting to update you in some form or fashion is always nice. We love you all dearly and miss you tons! We hope you enjoy our blog, and we can't wait to see you all soon...hopefully Thanksgiving!
Our lives lately have been a little crazy. No, we don't have kids, are pregnant, are moving, or any of that craziness that tons of my friends are experiencing, but we are experiencing our own chaos! With Justin's crazy work schedule, our house functions on spontaneity. We are not on a meals time schedule, laundry schedule, grocery shopping schedule, but on a "is someone home and not exhausted from crazy work hours schedule." I have to be at work by 7:45, and with Justin's late nights, I am not going to bed until late either. I have to wait up for my hubby! Otherwise, I would never see him. So then that means I'm exhausted by the time I get home, and mommy needs a nap. That then delays our grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. In no way am I complaining...just letting you in on the craziness we call life! In the midst of all of this...Winston has decided to mark the house, more and more. We have done some research and are trying a new way of "parenting" a pup. We are beginning our strict potty schedule tomorrow, and he will either be kenneled, or "locked" in the kitchen area when we are away. They say that too much house to a small dog seems 100% bigger to them as it does us, therefore, what they think is far enough away and "out of their living area" to mark, they will. We are also doing this technique of carrying him from his crated area straight outside. They say that the feeling of grass should trigger their "I have to go potty" feeling. We're willing to try anything since our nice brand new carpet is now a lovely yellowish color in spots, the corners of our brand new couches are faded from spray, and especially since he pottied about 5 times in my parent's house this past weekend. Um...have you met Brett Bowers. No potty in the house! :) And I totally agree, dad!!!
Justin is also going to be doing some traveling in the next couple of months for conferences and presentations, so I am going to be on my own, thus creating chaos of trying to get stuff done around the house. Now that we have been in our new home for about 1 1/2 years, we are now having lights burn out, needing filters replaced, and are starting to get weeds from our grass finally being all grown in. Yuck! I hate weeds! We pulled about a trash bag full tonight, and now I have a nice lovely blister on my finger. Ask Justin who go the gardening gloves?!?! ;) This coming spring, we want to have someone come and do the landscaping in the front of our house. So for now, we are just keeping it pleasing to the eye until someone comes and makes it 'perty'. I love the way it is now, but we want to add big boulders around the edges of it, and I want some color in it. I am also in love with potato ivy. I will definitely be having some of that! :)
For about the past month, Justin and I have been really trying to lead a more healthy lifestyle. He has done a tremendous job of eating more healthily (you can definitely see the difference it has made), and he has been getting on the elliptical every once in a while. Again, no complaints of his amazing job, which he LOVES, but with a hectic sporadic schedule, it's hard to keep routines in place. I always would rather eat more healthily than exercise. I just HATE it! But, I am really going to try and go power walking on our walking trails 3 days a week. Not only will it make me feel and look better, but I think it will be a great way to occupy my time.
I am so looking forward to the fall season, and there is so much to be thankful for! I will definitely be blogging about that later! I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the SOONER victory! BOOMER!
Blessings,
The Watsons
No comments:
Post a Comment