Thursday, September 30, 2010

OMG...busy-ness!

Well, first off, the 1st 6 weeks of school are ending.  If you are, in anyway, involved in school stuff, you know that the end of a 6 weeks is insane.  Well, the 1st have to undoubtly be the most crazy.  Not only are you getting to know your students, parents, new curriculum, and ever changing school culture but you also have multiple tests (TPRI, mClass math, DRA, etc.) to administer along with observing your students on a daily basis to be able to make accurate assessments on their academic performance thus far.  My goodness gracious, it's a lot to do in 6 weeks.  And...it had to fall the day before OU/Texas.  I mean, don't they know that I have a house to clean, groceries to buy, food to cook, and major family time this weekend?!  Ahhh...so needless to say, I'm going to be bustin' booty tomorrow at school to get grades entered.  I've got a team to root for people!

Secondly, I am falling more and more in love with fall every day.  That means that my trips to Hobby Lobby are going to start picking up again, and my to-get list grows longer as the minutes tick by.  At first, I wanted to just get Christmas decorations this year, but now I am craving some fall stuff.  I don't want to go overboard, but a few nice things would be perfect for the next 2 months.  We are hosting Thanksgiving this year, too, so I would love to have a warm and cozy place for our family and friends to gather.  I'm all about creating a homey atmosphere where people can relax and enjoy themselves.  What better way to do that than with amzing fall decor?!

Justin's office update...I had previously blogged about these drapes for Justin's office, but then I found these for a much better deal.  Well, let's just say that on the return label, my reason for not keeping them was for "inaccurate color swatch".  They turned out way more gold than I had expected, and they are just way too much for that small space.  I am really wanting to keep it neutral with a lot of different textures and accents, but all within the khaki/natural color scheme.  So, I ended up going with the my original drapes, the ones from Pottery Barn, and I bought the linen sheers from there as well to go under them at a "cafe" length.  I found someone to hem them for me, since they are slightly too long.  I'm super excited to get them hung this weekend while my mommy and daddy are here.  They are wonderful decor hangers...my dad's anal, and my mom's got a great eye and knack for decorating.  It's coming along nicely, however, since I chose a lighter drape than I originally thought...I got the oatmeal colored ones:


...I am now wanting to change out the lamp to something like this...

with a shade like this...
Not really too sure.  Just ideas.  

Along with a crazy school day and drapes shopping, I went and got my hair done.  Ahhhh, "I got bangs!"  Name that movie!!!  But, seriously.  I had my 'hur' lady cut me some bangage.  And, well, I'm not quite used to them yet.  I keep thinking I made a huge mistake, but I LOVE them when I put my hair up in a poofy pony tail!  :)  So, we'll have to see how styling them in the morning goes.  Yikes!  I'm nervous.  

Well, until next time, have a fabulous Friday, and root hard for the SOONERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment