Oh, dear, it's been awhile. We have yet to find a church since we've moved down to Dallas. When I was in Norman, I fell in love with Journey and still consider that my church. I think the biggest reason for not finding a church is that I will always compare it to Journey and feel like I'm "missing out" on things that my church (Journey) would be doing/have. It's like that last boyfriend you had, no one will EVER compare to him...and then you fall in love with someone new, and it's absolutely perfect-you just have to give it time. I know that's how it will be with a new church.
I had a sweet friend at school, Calli, invite us to attend her church, Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church. I told my husband about it, and we were excited to "eventually" try it out. Once again procrastinating on potentially finding something wonderful. Well, just the other day, a friend's mom posted that she had started a new bible study, and I enquired about who it was through and wanted all the details. I figured if I didn't find a church right now, at least I could do a bible study and find some women to fellowship with. She told me that the bible study was through her church, Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church. What? No way. It couldn't be. The same church, that just about 2 weeks earlier, we were invited to attend? She told me that she wouuld love for us to attend church with them and to seek out a bible study that fit out needs. Well, that sounds like a God thing to me! :) I know it's at least worth a try, because why would God lead me to these two encounters? I love Him so much. Now, I'm not getting my hopes up too terribly much, because I just don't want to be let down if this isn't our church home. However, I am hopeful that we will love it so much and want to join as members. One of the most imortant things to us is to find somewhere that our family can grow. Somewhere that our children will WANT to go for church, youth group, do missions with, serve, etc. I am so excited for this new journey in our lives. I will be updating you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment