I always have homemade Chex Mix on hand. I grew up eating this stuff whenever I went to my Granny and Pawpaw's. Pawpaw is the master of the Chex Mix. It is a requirement at every family get together, and I finally asked for the recipe when I visited about two years ago. I now make it all the time, and it's become a staple in our house!
Ingredients:
4 cups of each type of Chex Mix (Rice, Corn, Wheat)
*if I have them, I also add 2 cups of pecans
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup Worchestershire Sauce
2 tsp. Seasoning Salt
Measure out the Chex Mix and put it into a large aluminum baking pan
*add the pecans to the Chex Mix, if desired
In a microwave safe bowl, mix margarine, Worchestershire Sauce, and Seasoning Salt. Melt so that it becomes a sauce.
Pour this sauce over the Chex Mix and gently stir with a spatula. Make sure that you coat the Chex Mix evenly.
Bake on 250 degrees for 1.5 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
This next recipe doens't really have a name, but so that I know what it is in my recipe box, I call it Ham & Cheese dip. Sounds kind of gross, I know, but those are two of the main ingredients! I got this recipe from my dear friend and hairstyist, Anne. She made this at her Golddigger's party, and I love it so much, that I had to have the recipe. Call it what you want, it's delish! Enjoy!
Ingredients:
8 oz. smoked ham
16 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 small can green chilies
1 loaf of Hawaiian bread
1 pkg. of Hawaiian rolls
Use a food processor or blender to mix all of the incredients into a smooth paste.
Cut the center of the Hawaiian bread loaf out to create a bread bowl.
Pour the blended ingredients into the bread bowl, and bake on 250 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve with Hawaiian bread bites.
No comments:
Post a Comment